10 July 2020
Webinar: Integrated operations, remote operations, site minimum manning especially during C-19 crisis
Read more about this webinar
Stepchange Global offers Consultancy and Advisory Services in the Mining Sector on Digital Transformation and Remote and Integrated Operations
- Development & deployment of Integrated Operations (IO) strategies & programmes & pilots for mining
- Integrated Operations and Digital Oilfield (DOF) Technology strategy and advice
- Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) design and implementation
- People, Process and Organisational change for IO
- Collaborative, real-time working, IOC Health Check
- New remote operational models enabled by IO
- IO enabled and next generation operations excellence
- Minimum staffing assessments for current operations
- Radically Minimum Staffed Greenfield Project Concepts
- Remote operations and site minimum-staffing in response to COVID-19
We Integrate People, Process, Technology and Organisation to Enable:
- Real- or right-time decision-making – doing it faster;
- Connection of one or more remote sites – including your best people in the decision-making;
- Multi-discipline integration along the value chain;
- Maximising operational up-time;
- Upset or event recovery and management;
- End-to-end Production Optimisation
We help mining companies to achieve their goals:
- To bridge the gap between the office and the field
- To enable remote ops/control and full office support
- To optimize the production value chain by removing organizational silos
- To enable machinery and equipment monitoring and surveillance
- To integrate operations and maintenance
- To make the IOC the home for integrated planning and support for delivery to the plan
- To enable the IOC to be the first port of call from the field to the office for support
- To make the IOC the first port of call for the office-based staff to know what is happening in the field
- To deliver continuous improvement and knowledge management
Integrated Operations is always an individual process, dependent on the specific requirements of the company, culture and organisation. Integrated Operations is fundamentally changing the way we do business in Mining and is how we will run our companies in the future.
Department for International Trade in Kazakhstan
CEO of Stepchange Global Limited, Tony has extensive experience in the oil and gas and mining sectors worldwide. Tony has a BA degree from Keele University in Geology and Chemistry, and a Doctorate in Petrology from the University of Manchester. He had a 17 year career with BP that spanned R&D through to front line operations and project management. He was a founder member of BP’s Integrated Operations Program, Field of the Future, and was subsequently the global director for the Advanced Collaborative Environment Program. In 2006 he moved to BG-Group to launch its digital oilfield program. In January 2009 he founded Stepchange Global, a dedicated digital oilfield advisory company, and has since advised Equinor, BP, PETRONAS, ConocoPhillips, Total, ExxonMobil, Shell, Santos, Origin Energy, Suncor, GAZPROM, Repsol, Premier Oil, and ExxonMobil on their oil and gas Integrated Operations and Digital Transformation strategies. In mining, Tony has worked on Integrated operations implementations for BHP in Australia, Canada, and Chile, for Barrick Gold in Argentina, and Teck resources in Chile. Tony is particularly interested in the People, Process and Organisational change that is needed to maximize the benefit from the latest wave digital technologies. This includes new operational models that are real time, remote, collaborative and multidiscipline.
Over the last five years Tony has combine his operational experience in running unmanned platforms with the application of Digital Technologies in major projects to advise on radically minimum manned and remotely operated and project concepts that are lower in CAPEX and OPEX whilst delivering improved safety and reliability.
An Senior Associate with Stepchange Global Limited, Nick has more than 30 years’ experience in the global oil and gas exploration and production industry. Nick has a bachelor’s degree in geophysics from the University of Reading, a masters in Engineering Geology from the University of Durham and an MBA from Aberdeen Business School. Nick has worked within various technical and managerial disciplines for a number of global companies. In these roles, Nick has designed, project managed and delivered Integrated Operations facilities, along with real-time business workflows and solutions for both operators and service companies, with a strong focus on the drilling and completions discipline.
A local representative partner of Stepchange Global Limited in ex-USSR countries, Pavel has more than 10 years’ experience in the implementation of the Integrated Operations practices. Pavel has an engineer’s degree in physics from the State University of Perm.
As a consultant, he was involved in more than 20 projects in CIS countries and worldwide as on expert positions as on managerial positions too. And he has strong experience and skills in all phases if the Integrated Operations implementation – from the initial analysis to the support of the existing CWE.